Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"Jesus gives us the power to" survive VBS


After about six months of planning, hours of preparing, and even permanently inscribing a huge "Power Lab" logo on our dining room table (ouch!), we have survived Vacation Bible School! It was my first year as a director, and as it almost sucked the very life out of me, I loved almost every minute. I had great volunteers and such a supportive congregation. The Lord was so merciful to me: there were many areas that I dropped the ball on but He definitely pulled it off. What a blessing. I'm already thinking about next year.
And as a thank you for all my hard work, I was slimed from head to toe at the end of the last day. We had our annual VBS penny drive to raise money for missions- boys versus girls. Out of over 23,000 pennies raised, the boys won by less than $4, and I had green slime stuck in my hair for a week.

3 comments:

kientzfam said...

Missie- you are such a good sport. You run marathons and can get slimed with a smile. You are my hero!

The Jerrolds Family said...

You are such a great servant Missie- what a wonderful heart you have. It's an honor to be your friend.

ALWAYS BOARD said...

Good job Mis!! That was great. I'm glad that you survived VBS!