Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Human Race

So I have about 5 and a half months until my marathon, but I need little milestones to hit along the way. I am running in the Rock 'n Roll half marathon (13 miles) on October 5 and I convinced Nick, who does not run regularly, to do it with me. I run 2 days during the week and do a long run on the weekends. I'm now up to 11 miles!

Nick bought me the Nike+ that plugs into my ipod and tracks my runs. It lets me know my pace, mileage, minutes, calories, and all sorts of fun stuff. My favorite part about it though, is when I do a longer run than I ever have before. A voice comes on at the end of every run to let me know my stats but when I do the longest, either Paula Radcliffe or Lance Armstrong comes on to say, "Wow! That was your farthest workout so far. Good job!" I will gladly run for 2 hours to get that reward. Isn't that weird? But I need motivation like that.

Anyway, Nike+ put on the first global 10k (6 miles) so you just run wherever you are and download your information to their website and they know who all ran. So Nick and I set out to run on a Sunday evening our 10k. Nick was pushing Adam and Sam in the double stroller when about 2 miles into the run, one of the tires went flat. He was such a trooper and continued the whole run pushing about 80 pounds on a blown out tire. I asked if he wanted me to take a turn pushing but his pride wouldn't let him be seen running next to a girl pushing a stroller.

2 comments:

ALWAYS BOARD said...

Wow! Check you guys out. You're a running family. I'm inspired!

I noticed that you have a picture of shoes. Does that mean you got the camera you've been wanting???

kientzfam said...

WOW! YOU GUYS TOTALLY ROCK. I AM ALWAYS SO INSPIRED BY THE RUNNING THING...CAN'T WAIT FOR L.A. SO WE CAN CHEER YOU ON FROM THE SIDELINES!