Tuesday, September 9, 2008

And then there were 15...


Reunion. That word conjures up some image of distant relatives who fly to some remote location to see people that they are apparently related to and only see once every five years. But that is what we called this long weekend at my parents' house. I am number four of six children. Six seems like such a huge number but then you have to account for the parents, spouses, and children and suddenly it becomes 15! How did that happen?! And that's only my immediate family and I love it.



So we retreated to Somerset, the closest recognizable city being Placerville, 40 miles away. We played in the pool, played games, watched movies, ate pizza, took pictures, laughed at the kids, celebrated birthdays, and just enjoyed each other. One day, my parents treated us all to a whitewater rafting trip on the middle fork of the American River. It was so great- and thank the Lord for my grandparents and aunt Wendy who took on our 4 extra kids under the age of 3. We all survived the trip and only managed to lose Trevor and his wife Amber into the freezing rapids for a minute or two. And yes, if you can see from the pictures, that is my leg up in the air as I prepared to be the 3rd casualty of the river. My dad pulled me back in but pretty much all the pictures are of me upside down.



2 comments:

The Jerrolds Family said...

Ok...literally crying while I am laughing at these rafting pictures & Roy is sushing me! My stomach hurts now... What's up w/ your sister nonchalantly enjoying her peaceful rafting trip. Nick's faces... you falling... Oh my goodness! You are awesome! By the way, your family is a good looking bunch.

Glad to see you back on the blog train (who-hoo!)

ALWAYS BOARD said...

So many pictures...so many thoughts...so much laughing!!! Thanks for putting these up. Love the picture of Adam and Bella jumping into the pool. Its hysterical that the girls are loving in the tube and your boys are unhappy. The rafting pictures are just AWESOME!!