Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My mom is really smart.

My mom had a four year old and two 22 month old twins when I was born, then had two more after a 15 year break, and lived to tell about it. So, I usually call her when my kids are sick before I call the doctor. Sam had a fever for three days and then it went away and was replaced by mysterious little red spots on his tummy. Called mom, she asked a few questions, said "Sounds like roseola virus. Look it up on the internet and see if it matches." Lo, and behold, my child had exactly every symptom that was described. I talked with my doctor because that's what What to Expect the First Year says to and we were good to go. Anyway, my mom is smart.

2 comments:

The Jerrolds Family said...

I call my Momma first too!

ALWAYS BOARD said...

Your mom is definitely experienced in the kid department!! What a blessing she is to have around!